Starters, Leavers, Movers
The Starters, Leavers and Movers process in many organisations is often poorly managed. What was once a coherent process may, over many years, have become fragmented with changing organisational structures, shifting personnel and different IT systems. Some common problems have emerged:
- Onboarding and exit processes are ill defined.
- Payroll and other administrative requirements aren’t executed well on day one.
- Poor due diligence on the “ownership” and whereabouts of company assets during a person’s employment (laptops, phones and other equipment).
There may also be other, more generic, organisational challenges:
- Is there a definitive list of who is working at the company, including contractors, consultants, freelancers or people in long term absence?
- Is there a comprehensive and consistent list of employee details, including address, work location and phone numbers (work and personal)?
- When people are due to start, leave or move is it communicared to all who need to know?
Central to an efficient management of Starters, Leavers and Movers are the HR and IT departments:
- If there is no accurate information on employees it is going to be difficult to implement new systems or to introduce organisational change programmes.
- From an IT perspective, planning for demand becomes a challenge and security risks are heightened.
- There is no single view of where people are in the employee lifecycle which means that it is difficult to provide a good service.
Starters, Leavers, Movers
Globocol will provide a detailed analysis of your Starters, Leavers and Movers processes and tools with a view to making this more efficient and integrating it in to your IBM Connections Cloud solution. We will meet with all designated stakeholders within your organisation to assess the current management of the employee lifecycle from job offer to termination of employment. The main objectives of this review are to develop a system which
- Accelerates the speed at which new employees become productive
- Connects your workforce more efficiently to the people and information they need
- Phase One – Discovery. We will work with you to identify all existing processes for Starters, Leavers and Movers and interview all key stakeholders. We will highlight areas for improvement and all co-dependencies.
- Phase Two – Roadmap. Run a workshop to feed back findings and to establish priorities. Agree a roadmap in line with objectives. A final detailed written report will then be presented to the project sponsor.
- Phase Three – Implementation. This is the most significant phase, where our goal is to leave you with a fully functional Starters, Leavers, Movers solution in IBM Connections Cloud. This begins with the creation of an IBM Connections Cloud framework (communities and sub communities, community managers, applications, content assets, governance). We will also support you with the collation of all required content assets and develop a communications and adoption plan for the full launch of your new Starters, Leavers and Movers solution.
IBM Connections Cloud is an excellent tool for streamlining repetitive, collaborative tasks. Let us know if you would like to see how it can transform your Starters, Leavers and Movers process.
Tell Me More About Globocol’s Starters, Leavers, Movers Service